Friday, February 18, 2011

A Valentine's Treat that is delicious anytime

Check out these peanut butter cookies that my mom made us for Valentine's Day.  She wrapped them in a beautiful red box with a cupid on the front.  I wish I had enough energy and a working computer to show you these before, but they were beautiful and yummy.

You make a simple peanut butter cookie dough, roll in balls, flatten them with a cup dipped in sugar, press your thumb two ways in the center to make a heart, and fill with jam.  Yumm, Yumm, Yumm!!!!  My daughter and I made a batch to take to Bible study but we didn't go because I wasn't feeling well and we munched them up.  We made a few without jam and put three chocolate chips in at the end and then swirled with a toothpick.  I also made a few with just a small heart cookie cutter pressed part way in in the center for my son who wanted some without anything.  All great and yummy.

Peanut Butter and Jelly Heart Cookies
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
1c. peanut butter
1 egg

Cream the butter and sugars, add egg, then dry ingredients.  Roll into balls, flatten with a cup dipped in sugar, impress a heart using your thumb or finger tip (criss cross them).  Bake 350 for about 10 mins, pull out fill heart with jam or jelly bake for about another 5 mins or until firm.  We had to press the heart bake down a bit before we put in the jelly.

The recipe is from Martha Stewart.
Enjoy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment