Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Samaritan's Purse Update

As some of you know I absolutely love Samaritan's Purse, a Christian relief program that helps people not only all over the world but in our country as well.  I love this ministry so much that I sell finger puppets so I can give more to them.  I started my etsy shop last year http://www.2beautifulfeet.etsy.com/ because I was so moved by the devastation in Haiti and I had no money to help.  So I thought I would make slippers and sell them, well, the slippers never amounted to much but finger puppets have been slowing growing in sales and I am able to help a bit more. 
Let me tell you what Samaritan's purse has been doing there in Haiti over the past year or so:
*10,500 families have had sturdy shelters built for them
*56,000 patients have been cared for
*345,000 people fed


*tons of rubble removed
*clean water and safe sanitation provided for dozens of communities


*250,000 Operation Christmas child boxed delivered

*Orphans being helped
Here is an amazing story of one Haitian man who is helping orphans and how Samaritan's Purse is assisting.
Roseann Dennery reports from Haiti.
What does sacrifice look like?

There are people who give, and there are others who give beyond themselves until there is nothing left. Then they start all over again.

Esaie is one of these people.
Please watch!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvdb4Vptyc4&feature=player_embedded



That is just a bit of what they are doing. 
Every bit that can be given will make an amazing impact in these peoples lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment