Thursday, February 3, 2011

Snowy Day Fun for the Little One

My son Joshua is 2 1/2 years old  and he has a mind of his own and will not budge from the way he feels everything should go.  Saying that, he will not wear snow pants, snow suit, or even double pants to go outside.  On a mild winter day with a couple of inches on the ground, I just put on heavy sweat pants and we are fine for about 1/2 hour to 1 hour.  With the weather we have had the last two days here in NY, snow, freezing rain, ice, and no school for two days, I wouldn't qualify for Mommy of the Year if I just let him go out with sweat pants.  So I brought the snow to him.  This blue table is a water and sand table I got from Walmart last summer, I threw it in the basement so I could pull it out this winter.  I layed a large towel underneath, my daughter and her friend brought in snow, and Joshua went to town.  I gave him food coloring sqeeze bottles (when these were empty I saved them - just pop the tiny top, add a drop of color, and top off with water). 

He loved making all the colors and then he decided to "cook" in his kitchen (behind him) with his snow and squeeze bottles.  He was occupied for probably a good hour and was fascinated when he came back later and the snow was all melted.  He just had a science lesson and didn't know it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment