Monday, January 17, 2011

Missions Monday

I am was not raised a missionary kid, but in rural central NY.  I did, however, go to a Christian College and was intruduced to the whole world of missions there.  I must admit that we have not faithfully giving to ministries before the last maybe 2 years.  Kind of out of site out of mind.  Sounds terrrible but true.  We have however been supporting a missionary friend and a ministry that we love for about 2 years now and it is amazing to see how the Lord is softening my heart to the needs that are around the world and placing a desire in my heart to give more.  That is why I create finger puppets in my shop and sell them so I am able to give a bit more than my $10 a month. 
The ministry I dearly love is Samaritan's Purse.  This ministry is headed up by Franklin Graham, son of Billy Graham.  They are a Christian Relief organization that help people anywhere in the world, including our country, recover from natural disaster, providing food, water, clothes, medicine, etc.... and hope.  Hope in Jesus!  I receive their mailings and am always amazed at how a little bit of money can go so far. 
Here is an example from Samaritans Purse Gift Catalog this past Christmas:

No comments:

Post a Comment