Sunday, June 15, 2014

The Journey

I've been gone for 3 years.  Where do I begin?  Where do I find myself?  I'm forty, fat, and frumpy.  At least that is how I feel or have felt.  These feet are not so beautiful these days.  I'm not carrying much Good News lately or proclaiming peace and salvation, or declaring that My God Reigns.  I've allowed myself to be mastered by my emotions and weighed down by the worries of this world.  No more, no more, no more!!!!!  I need me back!  A whole, healthy, vibrant me back, that has the beautiful feet of Christ, bringing Good News, proclaiming peace and salvation, and declaring that My God Reigns - not Susan. 
Recently I have been challenged by Ann Voskamp at her blog A Holy Experience, to memorize scripture, to wrestle for my Joy, to make Jesus more than just useful to me but beautiful to me.  She also introduced me to a group called  Rend Collective .  Amazing, inspiring, life breathing to my very soul.  Challenging me to rethink my walk with Christ.  I've spent years making sure I do all the right things as a Christian - go to church, pray before meals, get up early for devotions, listen to the "right music", say the right thing, be kind and friendly, help when and where needed, serve at church, read Bible stories to my children, and the list goes on.  But what about the true, deep love affair with my Saviour!  What about celebrating!  Celebrating that I am loved, forgiven, have a purpose, have value in His eyes, that He has chosen me.  So this is where I find myself needing a new journey - to have those Beautiful Feet so I can have a Beautiful Me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment